There are many opportunities to get in your required 20 hours of service completed by April 30, 2018. Just a reminder that 20 service hours or $25.00 per each uncompleted service hours are due in the office by May 1, 2018. (Click here for the link to the service hour form).
Grandparents are welcome to complete 1/2 of your required service hours.
Christ the King, administration, staff and students value our volunteers more than you will ever know. We could not have the great programs and events we presently have without your many hours of dedicated service. Please remember that in order to volunteer in any capacity at Christ the King School and Church you must have attended a session of Protecting God’s Children and have a current background check on file with the Diocese Office.
Please click on the link (underlined and in green) to volunteer:
Volunteers needed to help with used uniform sale on July 24th an 25th
PTO representatives for each grade level from preschool through eighth grade. The representatives attend PTO meetings once a month. The service hour requirement of 20 hours would be fulfilled by being a Classroom PTO Representative. The PTO meetings are held usually on the last Monday of the month.
The cafeteria is in need of volunteers to help out during lunch. The hours are from 11:05 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. The duties include helping serve food and wiping off the serving line and cafeteria tables after each lunch shift. Volunteers are needed on a weekly, bi-monthly or monthly basis or as a substitute to called as needed.
This program is offered to our school through the Springfield Art Association (SAA). It is designed to expose students to many different forms of art/artists. Art Outreach relies on our parents to volunteer to go into our classrooms and teach the monthly Art Outreach program. Parents are assigned their child's homeroom class.
- Monthly portfolios include: prints, photography, and 3-D art. The collections span the length of time, from cave drawings to the present day.
- Portfolios are centered around a particular artist, style, or time period.
- Portfolios include an information packet on the background of the artist and artwork, style/time period of the art, questions to ask the children about the artwork, and some may also include an art activity.
- The program is designed to present the artwork in a 30 min. Following the presentation there is an optional art project, some materials can be checked out and other materials will need to be purchased by the volunteer.
- The links on the Art Outreach page has schedules, ideas for projects and a list of art supplies that are available to volunteers
Parish Volunteer Opportunities:
- Children's Share the Word (10:30 a.m. Mass)
- Greeter/Gift Bearer
- Liturgical Environment (Church decoration)
- Liturgy Team (plan our liturgies)
- Rosary Leader
- Sacristan (do holy wash, clean altar, etc...)
- Adult Choir
- Funeral Choir
- Bell Choir
- Nursing Home Volunteer (rosary, give Communion)
- Bring Communion to homebound
- Parish Nursing Committee
- Prayer Line
- Transportation Ministry (give rides to Mass)
- Volunteer Home Helper (services for aged)
- Parish Office Volunteer (help with filing, stuffing mailings, ect.)
- Parish Welcome Committee
- Parish Hospitality Committee