What is Art Outreach?
This program is offered to our school through the Springfield Art Association (SAA). It is designed to expose students to many different forms of art/artists. Art Outreach relies on our parents to volunteer to go into our classrooms and teach the monthly Art Outreach program.
Monthly portfolios include: prints, photography, and 3-D art. The collections span the length of time, from cave drawings to the present day.
Portfolios are centered around a particular artist, style, or time period.
Portfolios include an information packet on the background of the artist and artwork, style/time period of the art, questions to ask the children about the artwork, and some may also include an art activity.
The program is designed to present the artwork in a 30 min. Following the presentation there is an optional art project, some materials can be checked out and other materials will need to be purchased by the volunteer.
The links on the Art Outreach page has schedules, ideas for projects and a list of art supplies that are available to volunteers.
The Art of Dance
"The principle of true art is not to portray, but to evoke."
AREAS YOU MAY DISPLAY ARTWORK
- Stairwells except where peg strips are located
- Front hallway between the office and the girls bathroom
- Small wall next to doors going out to parking lot by 5/6th grade hallway
- Between bathrooms on upper level
AREAS YOU MAY NOT DISPLAY ARTWORK
- Anywhere peg board strips are located, as these areas are used for information from the teachers and the office
- Outside classrooms in the hallways unless approved by the teachers, these areas are used by the teachers and Mrs. Richardson
- Whoever places the artwork is responsible to remove their artwork and return the art to their teacher
- For the volunteers who alternate every other month please look at the schedule to make sure your artwork is removed on time